Entries for the 20th Annual CPSI Public Sector Innovation Awards are now open. Closing date: 26 August 2022.
The Centre for Public Service Innovation invites innovators in government departments, public entities, municipalities, public institutions and partners to enter their service delivery innovations.
The 2022 edition of the Annual Public Sector Innovation Awards, the 20th to date, was launched by the acting Executive Director of the CPSI, Ms Lydia Sebokedi on 2 June 2022. The event was hosted in partnership with the Office of the Premier of Limpopo and graced by a number of past finalists and winners of the Public Sector Innovation Awards. In honour of the collaboration between CPSI and the Waterberg District, the Municipal Manager, Mr Preciousstone Raputsoa shared the need for innovation to be incorporated in the District Development Model.
The 2021 Innovator of the Year, the Department of Health’s Central Chronic Medication Distribution Centre was presented by Ms Maggy Munsamy. Her presentation was preceded by a number of local and other provincial innovations that were previously awarded by the Public Sector Innovation Awards. These included:
- Ms Phuthi Ragopala (also knwn as “TechnoGranny”), the former principal of Pulamadibogo Primary School who shared her innovation journey;
- Ms Fulufhelo Musekwa who presented the innovations implemented as part of the Provincial Revenue Enhancement Programme;
- Mr Wilhelm Fouche from Bronkhorstspruit Forensic Pathology Services sharing their low-cost Forensic Digital Fingerprint project;
- Mr Onismus Manamena showcasing the enhancements to the online Performance Management System (PERMIS), and
- Sr Margaret Makwela talking to her initiative to establish a state-of-the-art Wound Clinic at Tembisa Hospital.
Kindly use the submission form below to enter your project online.
Should you prefer to submit via email, download a template of the entry form in PDF or Word Format: